When I was a kid, I wanted to wear a watch before I could tell the time. I was also scared of ET even though everyone kept telling me he was “a good alien”. My favourite snack was sour prunes (suan mei) and I was once caught sneaking a whole bag of them.
But enough about me. What are your stories of growing up? Boey’s popular comic memoir, When I Was A Kid, captures the unique pain and hilarity of being a kid in Malaysia. His sequel, When I Was A Kid 2, is just as funny and touching as the original book.
Courtesy of MPH Distributors, we have three copies of the latest book to give away to Poskod.my readers.
To enter our competition to win, email [email protected] with “When I Was A Kid” in the subject line before midnight on Monday 2 September.
- Include your name.
- Write a story of less than 100 words which begins “When I was a kid…”
- Childhood photos or illustrations are optional (but encouraged). If you would like to include one, attach it as a JPEG.
We’re looking for stories which feel funny, true and personal. We will publish the best entries on Friday 6 September along with the runners-up. The best three entries (judged by Poskod.my’s team) will win a free copy of the book.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only one entry and story per person.
- Stories over 100 words will not be considered.
- By entering the competition, you give permission for Poskod.my to publish your story, name and photo (if applicable).
- Winners must supply a mailing address to claim the prize.
When I Was a Kid 1 and 2 are available at major bookstores in Malaysia and Singapore.